Friday, January 1

Year in Review

2009 was, as Frank Sinatra sang, "A Very Good Year." To remind me what happened this year, I have compiled a Year in Review...

January

* I received my first Law School acceptance letter.
* I made a list of things I planned to do in 2009:

Find out if I am going to law school or not (check)
Spend Spring Break in California visiting David and Darcy
(check)
Get up early to exercise every day before work (every day? eh...mostly check)
Learn to play some songs on the guitar (I learned 1...which I have since forgotten)
Hike Mt. Timpanogos and not die in the process (never got the chance)
Fly to the Oregon Coast for a week in the summer (check)
Read at least 12 of the books on my to-read list (not even close...unless you count law books)
Stick to a budget and start saving money for a house (eh...could do better on the budget, but we did save a big chunk of change through Jon's 401K)
Cheer on the Cougars at all of their home football games (check)
Sell the Jeep and buy a different car (check...hooray)
Make a new friend or two (check)
Spend as much time in the sun as possible (mostly check...it wasn't that sunny this year)

February
* Jonathan made me a comic!

* We celebrated Valentine's Day.

(Note to self: In 2010, blog about things that we actually did, and take more pictures...)

March

* I was called as a counselor in the Young Womens.

* Jonathan and I spent Spring Break in southern California visiting our good friends David and Darcy.


* I won the office NCAA Men's Basketball Bracket. :)

* I was accepted to the U of U's Law School.

April

* I was accepted to the J. Reuben Clark Law School!!!!!

* Jonathan and I took our friends Josh and Lettie to church with us on Easter.

* BeckyMom gave us her piano to keep in our apartment.


* I got hit on by a creepster at the Orem Rec Center.

* It snowed a ton in April.

* Welcomed our new niece, Rayany.


May

* I reminisced about my time 2 years ago in Paris.

* I dyed my hair brown.


* Celebrated Kimber and Nathan's wedding.

June

* Jonathan and I got our new phones.

* I shot a gun for the first time.

* I celebrated my 22nd Birthday!

* Spent a week at Girl's Camp.

* Lyndon and Missy's baby Sydney was born.

July

* Jonathan and I took the youth in our ward to Goblin Valley and rafting down the Green River for Youth Conference.


* We spent the 4th of July in Boise with my family.

* We sold our Jeep and bought a Honda.

* I was sustained as Young Women's President.

* Lyndon, Missy, Claire and Sydney came from New Hampshire for a visit.

* I went to the Jack's Mannequin concert.

* Jonathan and I spent a week on the Oregon Coast.


August

* Jonathan and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary!

* I left my job at Property Solutions.


* I spent a weekend at a cabin with Jessica, Nicole and Erin.

* I started Law School at BYU.

* Angela and Guta's son Darius was born.

September

* We spent Labor Day weekend with my family in Boise and checked out some land we want to purchase someday.


* We attended the funeral of Dave Palfreyman.

* We had a birthday party for my friend Jessica.


October

* I reunited with some of my good friends from study abroad in Paris.


* Jonathan turned 26!

* Rhen and Nicole had their baby girl, Brinley.


* Dan and Melissa had their baby girl, Juliette.

November

* We went to all of the BYU home football games.


* We spent a weekend in St. George and hiked Angel's Landing.

* We went to Boise for Thanksgiving with my family.

* My purse was stolen after the thief broke the window of the car.

* I finally got to see Nicole and Rhen and meet Brinley.

December

* I completed my first semester of Law School.

* Jonathan finished his 2nd to last semester of school at UVU.

* We went to St. George for Christmas with my family and extended family.

* We rang in the New Year while chaperoning the youth stake dance.


So there you have it, our year in review. Here are some things we are looking forward to in 2010:

Jonathan's graduation from UVU
Welcoming home my brother Garrett from his mission
Katie and Louie's wedding
Completing my first year of Law School
Getting back into great shape
Jonathan working full-time for Nestle
Doing a summer externship with MacArthur, Heder & Metler
Spending a week in California with my family and going to Disneyland
Dying my hair back to blonde
Our 3rd wedding anniversary
Taking the young women to girls camp
Jonathan taking the GMAT
Selling Phoenix and buying a truck
Beginning my 2L year of Law School
Jonathan building wooden things with his new tools
Neither of us having to go to school this summer
Paying off some school loans
Working for a professor or a law firm in the fall
Jonathan writing more of his book
My 23rd and Jonathan's 27th birthdays

Welcome to 2010!

3 comments:

Jonny said...

I can't wait to get started on that list with you!

Angela said...

Now that is a great list! And you two did a LOT last year! Whew..you must be tired! I think you've inspired me...but I'm not sure I can remember everything we did! You two are amazing! Have an awesome year!

Amber said...

I really enjoyed reading this list! I read it when you first posted it, just lacked the time to comment. What a great way to usher in the New Year!