Tuesday, April 14

Newest Additions

Meet the newest additions to our home!

This rug with a T for Tyler

The lovely iron detail that makes our hallway a little more interesting...

And these beautiful candle holders make our dining area look so nice!

Thanks to Kirkland's for (unfortunately) closing their store in the mall and offering these things at a great discount! I will be sad to see their store go though... not sure where I'll go to get things for my house now!

And the biggest recent addition to our home....drumroll please...

Yes!!! A piano!!! In our apartment!!! That I can play!!! Anytime I want!!!
I am so excited about this. My in-laws are trying to sell their house and needed a temporary home for their piano. I have been absolutely loving it. Ask Jonathan - I play all the time. I have to make use of it while I can! :) I'll even take requests if you come visit...

In other news, Easter was nice. Jonathan and I took our friends Josh and Lettie to church with us. I think they were a little worried that it was going to be three hours...but they said they enjoyed it! The speakers and music were good, and everyone was very friendly. Sunday School was about the Law of Consecration. They both thought it was a great idea and wished the government would do it that way...haha. Lettie even answered some of the questions that the teacher asked! Josh went to Young Men's with Jonathan and Lettie came to Young Women's with me. Funnily enough, the lesson n Young Men's was about missionary work! So they discussed how to get people interested in the Gospel. Pretty much everything they talked about was what Jonathan had done for Josh to get him interested (be friendly at school, take them to a temple open house, invite them to church...), but I don't think they scared off Josh too much. ;0 The lesson in Young Women's was about sustaining our Priesthood leaders, so I got to explain to Lettie all about the rolls of Prophets and Apostles, as well as Stake Presidents, Bishops, Fathers, and young men in the Gospel. I thought it was a pretty good lesson for a potential investigator. After church, they came over for a nice big Easter feast complete with ham, potatoes, rolls, asparagus, pink salad, grape juice and 7-up, and parfaits. We didn't actually end up eating the paraits after dinner because we were so full. But Jonathan and I did enjoy them later! I had to take pictures because I thought they were so pretty...

This was the first layer...

And the final product. Sorry, I didn't take pictures of the rest of the layers. Basically it was pound cake, strawberries, jello, cheesecake filling, bananas, and whip cream. Delicious! 

2 comments:

Angela said...

wow, what cute stuff you found!! I love that door mat and basically everything else you found! It's sad about Kirtlands--I remember when you first showed me that place! Oh well....but knowing you, you'll find somewhere even better ;o)

Lisa said...

That is such cute stuff! :) And your Easter parfaits look delish! Also how great of you to be good missionaries!