Tuesday, January 26

Shoeing the Snow

I would just like to thank Jessica for the very warm, kind, caring introduction to you all. I hope I don't ruin her readership. With this most precious trust I proceed with my first blog post.

Guess what we did? I'll give you a hint...

If you don't get it the below picture will give it away.


After Jessica fell into the snow a few times we put on the snowshoes and did what Taylor does best. We walked straight up the side of the hill to get to the trail. Jessica will tell you about where we went.


We also found a snow cave pre-made and ready to go. Taylor went inside. It was pretty cool.



This is me walking on the trail.


The trail wasn't that bad but the snowshoes did help to keep you from that occasional 4 foot hole that your normal shoes sometimes find.


Below are just some fun shots with the camera....


If i look like I'm going to throw up it is because I did.

No, no I didn't but I got sick the day before and since we had been planning on this trip to hook Taylor up with an eligible lady I needed to be a good sport.



Below is a shoutout to a fellow blogger. Busybee Lauren always takes pictures of her shoes so I told Jessica to try it out.


We finally made it to the falls.


Very pretty.


This is what it looked like in 1887:

So here is the traditional group shot.


Jessica and Melanie decided it was easier to get down the mountain on their butts on the way back. :)



It was a fun date and we went home and had some lemon chicken soup which was very good and you can ask Jessica for the recipe.

The End

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks way fun! Let's play soon :)

tammy stailey said...

That looks like SO much fun!

The Amazing Mumfords said...

My buddy from High School likes to ice climb Stewart and Bridal veil falls . . crazy stuff. I love the pics you took, nice job!

SP said...

THose are very pretty pics. So uh, is this THE one yet for Taylor?