Sunday, January 24

Guest Blogger


The weekend has been mostly uneventful. Jonathan was sick last weekend, and of course I knew he was going to pass it on to me. He always does. And then I always get it worse. I started feeling sick on Thursday, and it got progressively worse. Saturday I stayed at home all day, worked on my brief off and on (during bouts of consciousness) and then stayed home all day today. I have taken several naps and am starting to feel somewhat better. I did manage to watch two incredibly long movies: Cranford and Gone with the Wind. (Cranford was fantastic. Really liked that one. Gone with the Wind was...interesting. At least I can say I've seen it. But that Scarlett...) I have an interview tomorrow morning with a law firm that I would like to do an internship with over the summer. This will be my first real interview with an attorney, and I do feel slightly intimidated. But then again, I'm offering to come work for them for free, so how bad can it be?

Speaking of law school...I got my grades on Friday. Dun dun dun...

It actually wasn't too bad. I was sick the week of finals, and although I studied as much as I could, through most of them I didn't really care how I did on them. All I cared about was going home and sleeping. Well, one way or another it worked out. I was wholeheartedly expecting to be in the bottom half of the class, and I was ready to accept that fate. But I was pleasantly surprised to find myself in the top half of the class. And my GPA is just a bit below the requirement for graduating cum laude, so that will be the new goal now. Raise my GPA .07 points. Hopefully I can do as well or better this semester.

Now! On to better things. I would like to introduce you all to my new, permanent "guest" blogger. This person can make me laugh like no other. This person takes care of me when I'm sick and makes me breakfast when I ask for it. This person dresses very sharp and always tells me that I'm beautiful. This person holds me when I'm tired and laughs off my faults. This person will spend hours watching "girl shows" with me, just so we can cuddle. This person works incredibly hard all day, both at school and work. This person will chat with me on lunchbreak and text me just to say "I miss you" or "I love you." This person asks me about my dreams and then does everything possible to make them come true. This person uses creativity and skill to build and make me beautiful things. This person has a heart of gold, and, lucky for me, it's all mine...

I'm sure you've all guessed who it is by now...My very own darling husband, Jonathan.


Apparently not enough people read his blog and he needs a wider audience to share his ideas and creativity with. And in an effort to give my blog a boost in the number of posts it gets, he will be posting once in a while. Or when I'm feeling lazy. That way when he asks me, "Hey, have you blogged about _______ yet?" I can say, "No. Why don't you do it yourself." :) I am sure you will all find his posts inspiring, entertaining, and enlightening. It's about time he wrote on "our" blog!

3 comments:

SP said...

Congrats on the grades!

I love cranford...did you get teary eyed at all?? I did.

I love Jonathan. Best guest/co blooger for you to have of course. I did always read his blog BTW. It'll be nice to have you as a "family" blogy thing.

love you both.

Amber said...

Hey, that is AWESOME!! You ROCK!!

And...I think husband's should be permanent guest bloggers on THEIR family's blogs.

Silly guys.

Angela said...

I think you are awesome, your grades are awesome and your guest blogger is awesome.
Basically you are both filled with awesomeness.