Thursday, January 8

Welcome to 2009

Well after perusing everyone's blogs for the second time today and finding nothing new, I figured I might as well update my own blog just to amuse myself. And I am going to blame the fact that we were out of town and that we lost our internet for a month or so. But it's back, so I am too. Today is January 8, 2009. 2009, people! That's practically 2010. Which is almost a decade. Think about it – where were you ten years ago? I was in middle school. Wow. But let's not be too hasty. There are still 357 days of 2009 to go...

So far in 2009, I...

Watched the ball drop in Times Square on New Years
Bought $12.00 M & Ms on the Las Vegas Strip
Got stuck in the snow twice and had to be rescued once
Changed my first diaper in probably 5 (or more) years
Twisted my knee shoveling 18 inches of snow
Was assigned to head a new project at work
Watched Utah win what should have, could have been BYU's bowl game
Learned all about fake piano music from my Grandpa
Stood in line at the post office 3 days in a row for an hour each
Won a milkshake in a 5 game series of foosball
Drank a bottle of delicious Jones Cream Soda

In 2009, I plan to...

Find out if I am going to law school or not
Spend Spring Break in California visiting David and Darcy
Get up early to exercise every day before work
Learn to play some songs on the guitar
Hike Mt. Timpanogos and not die in the process
Fly to the Oregon Coast for a week in the summer
Read at least 12 of the books on my to-read list
Stick to a budget and start saving money for a house
Cheer on the Cougars at all of their home football games
Sell the Jeep and buy a different car
Make a new friend or two
Spend as much time in the sun as possible

Now, how about a quick update on the last month or so of our lives...

Found out our good friends and neighbors David & Darcy were moving back to California. They were gone in less than a week. Helped Tad and Candice work on finishing their basement and saw their new baby boy, Wesley. Saw Juston for the first time after his mission. Drove to Boise through a snowstorm for Christmas with my family. Talked to Elder Schroath on Christmas Day. Cut and colored my hair. Survived a huge snowstorm. Jonathan started a new semester of school.

For those of you who want an update on law school, my applications are all turned in. I applied to BYU, U of U, and to a bunch of schools that sent me letters and gave me a fee waiver before November, just for fun to see if I would get in. The comprehensive list is:

BYU - Provo, UT
University of Colorado - Boulder, CO
Creighton University - Omaha, NE
University of Dayton - Dayton, OH
Drexel University - Philadelphia, PA
Lewis & Clark - Portland, OR
University of Oklahoma - Norman, OK
Penn State University - Carlisle, PA
Quinnipiac University - Hamden, CT
University of Richmond - Richmond, VA
Seton Hall University - Newark, NJ
Suffolk University - Boston, MA
University of Utah - Salt Lake City, UT
Vermont Law - South Royalton, VT
Western New England - Springfield, MA

Realistically, I only would go if BYU accepted me. Possibly Utah. While Jonathan is still in school, we have to stay in Utah. My last letter of recommendation was turned in mid-December, so I am now receiving emails from the schools stating that my application is complete and they will begin reviewing it. Apparently they can let me know their decision anytime between February and August. I'll keep you updated as I hear more.

As my digital camera is broken, I rarely take pictures. Jonathan's camera works, but I'm not in the habit of taking it anywhere anymore. I'll try to be better. I would call it my New Years resolutions, but we all know those are bound to fail. I'll do what I can though.

All I can say is, welcome to 2009!

4 comments:

Angela said...

whew, that was quite a list! I'm sorry you twisted your knee :o( But I'm glad you came home for Christmas! I'm sorry your camera is broken, but I'm glad you won a milkshake!

I love ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you're not the first one to hear about fake music from Grandpa. I was around number 20.

The Amazing Mumfords said...

My best friend's husband works for the University of Dayton! And James' parents live in Carlisle PA - his dad teaches at Penn State there. How on earth did you decided on those two places? LOL! It was fun seeing you guys and losing to you at Phase 10.

SP said...

Boston would be really fun...
- Lyndon