Sunday, February 12

Tyler Family Photos

A few days ago, my mother-in-law, Becky, gave us a CD full of pictures that she had taken over the past year. As I was looking through them, I realized there were a lot of things that happened the last six months or so that I never got around to blogging about, so I thought I'd do a quick recap! Starting with...

4th of July BBQ and Fireworks

Nick and AnnaLisa (Jonathan's brother and sister)
Jonathan and I on our deck
Nephew Darius and his orange soda
Guta helping Darius and Sophia light sparklers
Landon, Sophia, Shanna, and Darius with their sparklers
It was rainy, so the kids carried umbrellas around
Watching the festivities

Fountain of fireworks
Annual tank wars. I can't remember who won. 
Sparklers at night

A week or so later, we had everyone back over to the house to celebrate AnnaLisa's 19th birthday. She lived with us for the summer while she worked. It was fun to have her around!

AnnaLisa and her Mom
The whole gang
We skyped Lyndon & Missy and the girls in
AnnaLisa and her friend

Next up was the annual 24th of July Pioneer Day parade and festivities in Springville with the Czirr side of the family!








In August we celebrated Darius's 2nd birthday, followed by Nick's 17th birthday and Becky's birthday in September.

King Darius

He was a pro at blowing out the candles--he wanted to do it again and again.


Becky on the left, Nick in the middle (typical teenage boy smile), with a family friend.



Shanna and Uncle Jonathan

At the end of September, Lyndon, Missy, Claire and Sydney came to visit from New Hampshire for four whole weeks! Naturally we had to have a BBQ to welcome them, and so that the cousins could play together.

Playing with Aunt Missy and Aunt Amy

The men hanging around the grill

All the cousins! Back to front, left to right: Landon, Darius, Sydney, Claire, Sophia, Shanna, Rayany, Chase, Uncle Lyndon
 One particular week in October was especially busy since we had so much we wanted to do while Lyndon and Missy and their girls were in town.

First, my mother-in-law Becky and sister-in-law Missy threw me a baby shower at Missy's parent's home in Orem. The decorations were fantastic, the food was delicious, and the company was wonderful. 

Darling decorations
Me with two of my friends who have boys of their own--Nicola and Payson  on the left, Kimber and Graham on the right.

Jan (Missy's mom) and Missy
Opening gifts


Lindsay, Rebecca, and Amanda
Me with two of my best friends since high school, Nicole and Jessica (I missed you, Erin & Katie!)
 Right after my baby shower, the Tyler clan headed to the church for Landon's baptism!
Landon with his Dad, Guta
The beautiful DeLucena family with newly-baptized Landon.
Classic cousin photo: Darius, Sophia, Shanna, Claire, Sydney

And one more with the addition of Rayany.
The girl cousins
Probably the best Tyler family photo since our wedding!
I think you can guess who the silliest ones in the family are! (*cough* Lyndon *cough* Missy *cough* Claire)


 The next morning, we all headed up to Salt Lake City to be to Curt and Amy's church building for Chase's baby blessing!

Curt getting Chase ready for his big day.
The handsome little man.
 Afterwards, Curt and Amy hosted everyone at their house for a delicious waffle breakfast. But unfortunately there are no pictures of that!

Later in the week, on Jonathan's 28th birthday, actually, we went to Nick's Eagle Court of Honor. He worked long and hard to earn that award, and we were all happy to be there to support him.

Receiving the award with Becky (Mom) and Dave (Dad)
Speech!
The overflowing Eagle's Nest

Three Eagle Scout brothers
Notice the resemblance?
Lyndon and Jonathan pretending to be eagles... Nick just laughed.
After the Court of Honor, Jonathan and I went home and celebrated his birthday with a chicken curry dinner, cheesecake from Kneaders, and the season premiere episode of Psych. After all of the family events, I don't think he minded a more low-key birthday. 

 Before Lyndon, Missy, Claire and Sydney had to head home to New Hampshire, we wanted to have one last hurrah, so we had a cousin sleepover party at our house. We made caramel apples and the girls had a fairy princess party to celebrate Shanna's (pretty sure it was Shanna's birthday, but it may have been Sophia's...I get their birthdays mixed up some times.)



The adults played Twister...
And some of the kids joined in...
Which of course resulted in a massive tickle fight (led by Aunt Missy, of course)!

 Lyndon and Missy and the girls left at the end of October. But it was a blast having them around for so long! In November, Jonathan and I hosted Thanksgiving for the Tyler family at our house. We had everyone there except Lyndon and Missy, of course. But somehow, the only picture I have of that day is of the table setting. Oh well.

Our kitchen isn't big enough for everyone, so the kids ate in there, and the adults ate in the living room.
The first Sunday in December, we all got together at Curt and Amy's house to make traditional graham cracker houses

The kid's table
Landon working on his masterpiece while Jonathan, Chase, and Sophia skype with Lyndon & Missy.
Darius admiring (and contemplating eating) his finished house.
Sophia's graham crack house, complete with lots of suckers.
Shanna's house... she didn't want to unwrap the chocolate.
Curt helping Rayany with her house.

Landon's house was by far the biggest.
Becky and Nick
Nick can't wait to eat his house.
 Last of all, two days before we had Ajax, we went to the annual Czirr family Christmas party. The theme this year was The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, and everyone was supposed to dress up as Whos from Whoville.

The food is always plentiful and delicious.
Baby Chase.

Grandpa Czirr with the Harr family. I wish I had a photo of Grandpa Czirr and Grandma Czirr together... they were the best dressed!
Rayany and Shanna
The reindeer antlers were a hit.
Shanna and Sophia love taking care of their cousin Chase. I'm sure they can't wait to do the same with Ajax!
And that's it! We always love getting together with the Tyler family, and are lucky to live close by to so many of them. I'm sure this year will bring lots more fun!


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! You guys were BUSY! What a fun group of people!

SP said...

"you just pointed to all of me"