Saturday, February 18

February 18

Ajax is now two months old, and boy is he changing fast.

He had his two month check-up on Thursday, and he is now 13 pounds 14 ounces and 24 1/4 inches!


He's getting better at recognizing where are voices are coming from and focusing on us. He's also just getting into some of his toys, mainly stuffed animals. And he smiles a lot--it's not hard to make him break into a grin!


He always wants to hold his head up so he can look around at his surroundings. He's still very strong, and getting stronger every day. The video doesn't do it justice, but he's great at being on his stomach, pushing up onto his forearms, and holding his head up. 


His favorite thing is to get his hair brushed or his head massaged. After he got his shots, he was understandably upset. He actually only cried at the doctor's office for a few minutes. But later, at home, he cried pretty hard. I wasn't sure how to calm him down until I remembered. I started brushing his hair and he immediately stopped crying, closed his eyes, and soon drifted off to sleep. 
I'll have to remember that trick when he's older too.


We've recently learned that he falls asleep very quickly in the car. It has made it easy for me to run errands or take him to school with me. Even if he is fussy when I initially put him in his car seat, just about as soon as the car starts moving, he quiets down and soon falls asleep. Hopefully that will still hold up on our trip to Boise this week! 


Ajax loves to talk, and we love having conversations with him. I am going to love when we can really understand each other! For now, it's just fun to hear him babble.


He is also starting to imitate us. When we make certain sounds, he will try to copy it. It's quickly becoming our favorite game to play with him!


He still doesn't cry much--really only when he's hungry (or gets shots). Otherwise, he is very easygoing. For the most part, he'll sleep 3-4 hours at a time at night, but every so often he'll sleep 6 or even 8 hours. And it's usually when I need it the most.


Ajax is our sweet, happy boy--the sunshine that brightens our every day!

Happy two months, baby!

7 comments:

Angela said...

My grandson is a GENIUS! And the cutest baby in the universe!! I can't wait to see him next week!!

Lisa said...

He is SO ADORABLE!!! Seriously - so so cute! :) Glad you are enjoying him!!!

KatOfDiamonds said...

His onesie is TOO cute and TOO true! xoxo

Lyndon said...

What a cute little baby, love how he copies "Hello". You might want to try feeding him, he looked like he was going to lick Jonathan's nose like an ice cream cone for a little bit there. We're so happy for you guys and sad we are so far away.

Bonnie Parks said...

Ajax is SO CUTE! I love that last picture with him looking up and the first facial expression he has on that last video! It's cute to hear him talk.

Marci LeBaron Watson said...

He is SO cute and SO sweet. I'm glad I got to meet him. You are wonderful parents, makes me want to join the club of parenthood. :)

KaRynn said...

I love his big, open-mouth smile. It is seriously adorable!!