1. Nothing says fall like crisp mornings, crunchy leaves, and that distinct "fall" smell that is in the evening air.
2. My favorite autumnal tradition is going to college football games with my husband and family. Since I started my freshman year at BYU, my Dad has had season tickets to the football games. So I know every home football weekend, I'll get to see one (or more!) of my family members. And of course I love going with Jonathan too!
3. My favorite fall treat is difficult to say. There are so many wonderfully delicious fall foods. Currently, I am loving caramel apples .
4. Fall makes me think of school and family because basically since I can remember, fall has meant the start of a new school year. This fall may be my last school year ever (we'll see...), though. And of course, the things that get me through the semester are weekends and holidays spent with my family.
5. Autumn free form word association, go! red and orange, falling leaves, frosty grass, scarves, pumpkin.
6. My go-to outfit in the fall is jeans, a comfy shirt, a cardigan, and a scarf.
7. My favorite fall holiday is (Halloween or Thanksgiving) Thanksgiving. I always have big plans for Halloween in my head, but never follow through on them. But there's nothing better than the lots of family, delicious food, college football, browsing ads, and napping that comes with Thanksgiving. Oh, and the fact that the next day you get to decorate for Christmas and listen to Christmas music (unless you can't wait and start in October...which I've been known to do).
There! That was fun, right? I thought so. How would you have answered some of these? Especially the fall treat one. I'm always on the lookout for a good treat. :)
Jonathan is off on a business trip to Seattle, but will be back late tonight. We're so silly. He won't even have been gone 48 hours when he gets home, but I still miss him terribly. There's just something about being in a different city from the person you love that makes you miss them so much, even if it's for a short time! Must be the distance. We are both independent and can get along fine when we have to be apart. We just don't like it.
Luckily my Mom decided to come for a visit this weekend! We went to dinner at the India Palace last night with my brother Garrett, and then to Yogurtland for dessert. And then we watched some Doctor Who and Psych! And hopefully she will help me out with some projects around the house today. I sure do love my Mom! She is the best.
Happy Friday everyone!


2 comments:
Boy am I with you on the "can't wait [to listen to Christmas music] and start in October." I think the earliest we've put up our Christmas tree was October 30th. (Yeah, before Halloween even!) Since the first cool day of fall, I start anticipating Christmas.
Best wishes on welcoming your babe! Exciting times!
oh i really love that fill-in-the-blank post idea! I might borrow it from your friend too! Just reading your thoughts about fall makes me happy--I love fall! Thanks for putting up with me! I had fun!
Post a Comment