Thursday, October 8

Catching Up

There have been a number of things I've been meaning to post about, but for some reason I just haven't had time...

So, this is my effort to quickly catch up on some things that happened this last month.

1st, we had a bunch of friends over for J-Baum's 22nd birthday! We were finally able to get most of our friends all in one place in one night. Many of us hadn't seen each other for over 2 years! We are all connected in one way or another. I'll try to explain some of our connections. It gets pretty complicated. Here are some pictures from the night:

Some of Jessica's favorites - diet coke, chocolate covered raisins, and confetti cake.

Angie and Minh (Angie became my roommate after Freshman year at the request of my friend - her brother - Jesse, who I met my freshman year at BYU. Angie and Minh have been together for years now, so he's pretty much part of the family. :))

Lionel and his girlfriend, Ashley (I met Lionel freshman year as well - he was roommates with Chad. I also went to high school with Ashley.)

Sandy, Melissa, her future baby, and her husband Dan (Sandy more or less took my place in our apartment after I got married. She grew up with my roommate KaRynn and my friend Deveny. Dan I met freshman year. He was roommates with Jesse and lived down the hall from Chad and Lionel. Before he left on his mission, Jessica and I convinced his girlfriend at the time, Melissa, to transfer to BYU and live with us. Melissa and I also went on study abroad to Paris together.)

Chad and Jesse. (Chad and I have been friends since high school. As mentioned, Jesse lived down the hall from Chad. The four boys - Lionel, Chad, Dan, and Jesse - always hung out at our apartment freshman year.)

Jessica, Kate and her husband Peter. (Jessica and I have been friends since high school. Kate went to high school with us and was our roommate for a while. Kate and Peter got married this last summer.)

Eh...

The whole lot. It was a little crowded...


Singing to J-Baum. Don't we sound lovely? It was a lovely party and a good time was had by all. I loved having all of my old friends back together again. We sure laughed a lot at all the memories. :)

In other catch-up business, this photo was from a combined service project that the YW/YM did for an elderly man in our ward. We weeded around his yard and helped him organize a room in his house. We ended up having a lot of the youth come, and they all had a great time. We might just have to plan more service projects if we get that kind of turnout!


Jonathan put together a panorama of the land we are dreaming of buying. This kind of gives you a better idea of what it looks like. Sigh. Someday. Hopefully if you click on it you can see it bigger.

I went back through some of my old posts that I never finished and deleted most of them. But there was one that I finally finished. It was supposed to be a birthday post for my friend Erin, but I was lame and didn't finish it until now. If you want, you can read all about my darling friend Erin here.

I've decided that I am going to start a series of posts called "The Best (Movie or Song or whatever) You've Never (Seen or Heard or whatever)." This will be a once in a while thing, kind of like my mailbox posts. I tend to find things that I get really excited about and want to share with everyone, and this seems like a good place to do it. I already know what my first post will be. Stay tuned. It's gonna be great.

3 comments:

KaRynn Sheranian said...

I'm so sad that I missed JBaum's party! It was not a good weekend for me. I had a migraine and went to sleep and didn't wake up until almost midnight when I found several missed calls and texts from all of you. I was sooo sad!

Nicole said...

What a fun weekend! Wish I could've been there. I love the post about Erin too; you should make sure she gets to read it. Anyways, love you, miss you!
XOXO

Amber said...

For some reason my blogroll doesn't always notify me when you have updated your blog. Irritating. Anyway, I have been reading through the posts I have missed and am really impressed with how you are holding up in law school. We have a few friends in law school and one mentioned that they changed some things in the curriculum that makes it harder for "freshman" law students. Hearing that made me think about you and how you are doing really well, despite their attempts : ).
I am going to have you and Jonathan over to eat real soon, send me a message letting me know your schedule. I know how busy you are!