Now that I'm caught up on Girls Camp and Youth Conference, here is an update on the rest of life...
- I registered for my classes today! I have six classes total. Here's the layout:
Contracts - Professor Gordon - MTWTh - 1-1:50 pm: Examination of the promises enforced by law, and the nature of the protection given. Inquiry made into the formation, performance, and discharge of contracts; their assignment, termination, and modification; and the variety, scope, and limitations on remedies. Attention will be given to Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
Property - Professor Thomas - MTWTh - 2-2:50 pm: Inquiry into the nature of "property" and "ownership" of land and structures on land and the ways in which ownership may be established, restricted, transferred, and divided among various persons.
Perspective on Law - Professor Fee - MWF - 10-10:50 am: One or more accounts of the Anglo-American legal system, such as alternative dispute resolution, American legal history, comparative law, or jurisprudence. Includes the principal criticisms of the accounts studied and is designed to provide first-year students with multiple perspectives and tools with which to critically analyze existing law.
Intro to Legal Research & Writing - Professor Sears - MWF - 11-11:50 am: Introduction to tools and techniques essential to law practice and legal scholarship: legal analysis, research using print sources, and objective writing. Student will write three predictive office memoranda based on library research and complete a series of legal research quizzes and a legal research final exam.
Professional Seminar - Professor Gordon - T - 10-10:50 am: The intersections of law, religion, values, and professionalism; relations between legal education, legal system, practice of law, and roles of lawyers.
Lecture Series - Professor Hoagland - Th - 9-9:50 am: Determining which career path to pursue. Practicing attorneys discuss the nuts and bolts of areas of practice.
I also got the layout for orientation August 19-21. I'm slowly feeling more prepared for school to start. Not quite excited yet...but getting there.
- We spent 4th of July weekend in Boise visiting my family. We had a blast eating good food, playing volleyball, watching movies, going to the temple, and just relaxing. We love you guys!
- We sold our Jeep! So while we were in Boise, we purchased a new-to-us car - a 1998 honda accord. It is silver, automatic, sunroof, tinted windows, leather seats, cd player...they took really good care of it. Let's just say, I love it. And I love that I can fit 5 people in it. And drive it on the freeway. Such a luxury. :)
- I was just sustained on Sunday as the young women's president in our ward. I luckily to have all of the names approved for my presidency and I am excited to work with them. I have come to really love the girls in the ward and I am happy to continue serving them and teaching them, while learning from them myself! Oh, and if anyone has any words of wisdom for me, please share.
- We are excited to see Lyndon, Missy, Claire, and Sydney this week! They will be in town for Missy's brother's wedding. Hopefully Claire remembers us! And we can't wait to meet Sydney. :)
- Harry Potter 6 comes out on Wednesday!!! We will not be going to the midnight showing, but we do have our tickets for the 7 pm showing that night. "Cast your spell on me, Harry Potter!"
- Jonathan is giving a presentation to the HR manager and the Improved Processes Manager at Nestle tomorrow about his new business - Bruchner Marketing. The company basically markets out advertising space within the lunchroom at Nestle. Wish him luck!
- Jack's Mannequin concert is on Saturday! Jessica and Sarah are coming up from Boise for it, and KaRynn and Rebecca (a friend from work) are coming along also. Yay! Can't wait to see them live...
- I leave my job one month from tomorrow - August 14. Kind of have mixed feelings about that. I'll definitely miss seeing the people I work with every day. And the foosball breaks. But there are of course some things I won't miss. :)
- Two weeks from today Jonathan and I will be flying to the Oregon Coast for a week. We are looking forward to a whole week of relaxation and exploring the coast before school starts again. If you know of anything fun to do while we're there, please let us know! And don't worry, Mom, I already got your list. Thanks to Mom and Dad for letting us stay at their time share!
Whew, that was a lot of updating. If I just blogged more, it wouldn't be so hard to recap everything! Maybe I'll learn my lesson some day...
3 comments:
My head is dizzy from reading the description of those classes.....but I do think the "Professional Seminar" class sounds the most interesting. I'm glad you had fun while you were here! Thanks for coming! Good luck Jonathan! Let us know how it all went! I love you guys!
I am so jealous! Oregon coast, Jack's Mannequin, Harry Potter . . . but I guess you have to squeeze all that fun in there before the real world comes crashing in! LOL
Did they sign you up for those or did you get to pick? Just surprised at the amount of 'theory'ish type classes but then hey, it's Utah. :) Kidding! Good luck on your first year!
Post a Comment