Sunday, June 14

"You've got to ask yourself one question...

...Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

Can you guess what we did this weekend? Yeah, we shot guns. It's no big deal. Just my first time. And I was pretty good. So I might feel pretty cool now...

Saturday afternoon Jonathan and I went with Taylor and his date Marcie to the other side of Utah lake to shot some guns! I shot a .22, a 9 mm, and a rifle! All by myself! I might have been nervous or scared before, but once we got up there, I wasn't at all. My first round I shot a plastic jug off of the top of a post from about 65 feet away. I was pretty proud of myself. And the boys were impressed. :) Later with the rifle we were trying to hit a small exploding target. I got pretty darn close, but didn't quite hit it. And on my last round, Taylor put a small drink bottle on top of a post and I hit it on my first shot. Jonathan told me that if any bad guys come into our house, he would give me the gun to shoot them, haha. Apparently I'm a natural... "Easy Annie Oakley," he would say. Hahaha.


This is the view from the other side of Utah lake looking over to Provo/Orem

Jonathan getting ready to lock and load

Taylor loading powder into the small explosive targets

Shooting our first round with a .22

Jonathan and Marcie shooting .22s with Taylor watching

Look at that concentration...

Taylor looks thrilled to be standing next to a girl holding a rifle...while we were up there, a guy stopped us as he drove by and said "I just told my boys that they better find girls to date that they can take shooting. Glad I can point to you as an example!"

This picture shows about how far away we were from the target - You can kind of see the white target against the hill

Jonathan helping me position the rifle and get used to the scope before I shot it for the first time

Getting ready to shoot the rifle. Probably scoping out my target...


And this is me actually shooting it. I think I look pretty good with a rifle, haha. My shoulder is a bit sore today from the backfire of the gun, but it was worth it!

Oh, aren't they just so cute together? From the back anyway...haha.

Hooray for trying something new! And guess what?! I loved it. We'll have to go again sometime so I can perfect my super sweet shooting skills! (Hows that for alliteration?)
After shooting we went to the Bombay House for Indian food, which was quite delicious. And then we watched a movie at our place. We had a blast hanging out with Taylor and Marcie!

In other news, Jonathan caught a bird on Saturday. It rained really hard and we think it got knocked out of the next. Jonathan took it in, dried it off and helped it to fly again. You can read the story from his perspective here.
Poor Jonathan, he wants a pet...

Silly bird. He flew around our living/dining room for a while until Jonathan decided he was ready to fly home...

Lately the weather has been quite strange. Mostly cloudy and rainy. Saturday it rained incredibly hard - I'm not sure I've ever seen it rain that bad. It was hitting the ground so hard that it would just spray right back up. Even under the porch you could feel the mist of the rain. On Thursday, it rained most of the day, but as I came out of the church after a young women's meeting, I saw this:

The rainbow was so bright! And it was a perfect arch (this only shows half of it). If you look closely, you can see another rainbow just above it. Rainbows, especially like this, are just amazing. They really do make you want to chase them to find the end!
PS - 2 MORE DAYS UNTIL MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! :)

3 comments:

Jonny said...

Whoa! What a hot girl! What girl would just grab a rifle the first time and destroy the target of her choice? You are awesome!

The Amazing Mumfords said...

I love shooting . . it is addicting! The power! Bwahhahaaaha! And thanks for the birthday reminder. LOL

SP said...

Good shootin tex! You make me miss you guys.