Someday, I want to be just like this family. I found them while reading comments on this blog. Um, hello. Will you please be my best friends? The fact that they just packed up everything, including their four children, and moved to France for a year is absolutely fascinating to me. People do that?!? Now that I know, I want to be one of them! How amazing would that be??? To live in a different country for a year, learn the language until you and your family are fluent, make friends with your neighbors, grow to love a new culture...amazing. I promise, if I can find a way to do this, I am going to do it. Jonathan will just have to find some kind of job he can do from overseas, and still make lots of money. :) And please don't burst my bubble. This is kind of a new goal in life. But don't worry, you can come visit me and my family when we live in some amazing house in southern France. Haha.
While reading through their blog, I found some music that she had posted that they liked to listen to. I heard these songs and these artists while I was over there summer 2007. I thought it would be fun to share some of it so you can get a taste of what modern French music is like. It might take a while to get used to, particularly if you don't know French! But it grows on you. :)
Emmanuel Moire - Là où je pars (Wherever I Go)
Rose - La Liste (The List) and Ciao Bella (Goodbye Beautiful)
Christophe Maé - On S'Attache (We're Attached...I think that's an accurate translation) and Ça Fait Mal (That Hurts)
On another note, the BYU French Professor that I went on study abroad with started a blog - BYU in Paris - on which he and his students can post about their upcoming study abroad in Paris this fall. Professor Olivier has lived in Paris several times and knows so much about the city. I thought it was worth sharing. He's got some excellent ideas on places to visit, as well as a few humorous posts inbetween the comments from students. Makes me wish I were going back...
3 comments:
take me with you
(that guy can sing really, really high!)
I think about doing stuff like this all the time! Why do people tell themselves that they can't do this stuff . . . it's obvious there are people who just do it . . why can't we? I'm inspired now!
I'm not bursting your bubble because I'm in the same one. I wanna pack up and go foreign too!!!
p.s. did you know you were invited to the bb blessing taking place at the Orem 10th ward building on friday evening the 17th, with a bbq to follow? 5pm ish, details to follow....can ya come?
Post a Comment