Tuesday, February 12

Ever wonder?

Do you ever wonder what comes up if you google your name? I decided to do it today using my maiden name and was quite surprised at the result. Although only three links came up, two of them being work-related, the third was quite touching. It was an article written for a military newsletter about a poem I wrote in a Government class my senior year of high school. Our entire class wrote poems that we mailed to soldiers in Iraq. Not only did 116th BCT Command Sgt. Maj. LeRoy Lewis thank me personally, he also had my poem reprinted. I had completely forgotten that I wrote it, and absolutely never thought I would hear back from anyone. Anyway, here is the link to the article in case you want to read it! The article is under "CSM Briefing."





Google your name and see what comes up!

2 comments:

KaRynn Sheranian said...

Oh my goodness Jessica! I really liked that poem! That is so cool that you just googled your name and he got his wish!

SP said...

Jessica, that is so cool. That is really neat that he thanked you the way he did, how sweet. I couldn't find where it was supposed to continue on page 3...I want to read the poem you wrote...can you help me find it?