Thursday, December 22

{Ajax Emerson Tyler}

Ajax is here! 

On Sunday, December 18, the hospital called around 5:45 am and asked us to come right away for our scheduled induction. We got dressed and headed to the hospital in thick, heavy fog. By 7:15 am, I was hooked up to an IV and receiving pitocin. By about 10:00 am, my doctor broke my water. I got an epidural around 10:30 am. And about 11:30 am it was time to push!

I was in labor almost exactly 5 hours. Jonathan was a huge help throughout the whole thing, and I am so glad he was there beside me to hold my hand and tell me I was doing great. I married him not only because I knew he would be a great husband, but also because I knew he would be a great father. And I was right, on both counts. He is the best husband I could ask for, and he is already a wonderful father.

Ajax Emerson Tyler was born right at 12:15 pm! He was 7 pounds, 12 ounces, and 19 inches long. And practically perfect in every way. 






He came out screaming, and the doctors and nurses all commented on his strong lungs! After they checked him out and cleaned him up a bit, I got to hold him for about 45 minutes. He had been crying the whole time, until they placed him on my chest. It was such an incredible feeling to hold this brand new little baby and to know that he is all mine! And I am all his. 



Jonathan went along with Ajax for his first bath. He didn't like it much, until they washed and brushed his hair, and put him under the heat lamps. He calmed right down and relaxed. Just like his Dad, he loves getting his head rubbed!



I love how Ajax responds to Jonathan's voice and actually tries to open his eyes while he is talking. So precious.



Once he was all clean, the nurses gave us a stocking that one of them had made. It's a little big for him!


Jonathan and I are so in love with our little guy. He is a beautiful, calm baby, and we couldn't be happier to finally have him in our arms. 





The first 24 hours or so, Ajax would make this noise: 



It stopped soon after he actually ate for the first time. It was cute while it lasted though!


We stayed in the hospital for about 48 hours. At one point, Jonathan got bored and started drawing pictures on the white board in our room. 



We finally got to take our sweet baby home on Tuesday morning. Ajax is healthy and strong (really strong, actually), and I am slowly but surely recovering.



We couldn't have asked for a better gift for Christmas this year. 
Little Ajax has completely filled our hearts.
And we have never been happier.

11 comments:

Erin Darrington said...

congratulations!

amber_mtmc said...

Congratulations!!! I am SO happy for you both!

Lisa said...

What a BEAUTIFUL baby!!! Congratulations cousin! Christmas babies are so super special. Love you guys!
(oh, and you look awesome!!)

Deveny said...

Congrats Jess!!

Erin said...

I love his noises! Chris and I couldn't stop laughing! He is so adorable!! And Jess you are beautiful!!

Kimber said...

Ahh! He is so adorable! Congratulations!

Steph said...

So precious! Congratulations!!!

Lyndon said...

What a cute kid. The girls were all smiles when they were looking at the pictures and watching the movies, especially the grunting one. We're so happy for you both and glad to see more pictures of him.

Curt and Amy said...

Awesome job on the kid. You guys aren't bad at baby making.

KatOfDiamonds said...

Oh, excuse me, I think I have a twig or a branch in my eye. *wipes eyes*
*big grin*

Matt Parks said...

Congratulations!

I remember that for Amy's birth we had practiced and prepared so much that when it came time to take her home, I felt comfortable I could care for her... but no one had told me how to take care of Bonnie! She needed as much (if not more) care from me than Amy did!

Congrats and good luck with recovery!