Sunday, October 17

27

On October 12, Jonathan turned 27!

When he got home from work that morning, he opened presents first thing...

He received two footballs... one from his mom, and one from my mom. Hopefully he won't lose them both like he did his last one!


Of course he had to get a new shirt...


He loves this movie - mostly because he served in South Africa and it reminds him of it! But it is a great story regardless. (Thanks Mom & Dad!)


Another favorite movie - Prince of Persia. And the video game to go with it.
The glasses were kind of a 'joke' present, but I still think they look pretty good.


After opening presents, we went to his favorite place for breakfast: Kneaders!


Mmm... French Toast...



After breakfast, Jonathan slept while I went to school, worked and studied. But I found time to write a few messages onto his car...


When he woke up, he tried out his new game while I finished making dinner.


He requested roast beef (or roast beast, as we call it, after The Grinch Who Stole Christmas).


While we were eating, Lyndon and Missy called to chat with us.


During that conversation, our neighbor and her three kids brought over some cupcakes they had made. It was really very sweet. Those kids sure love Jonathan.


Lyndon and Missy joined me in singing "Happy Birthday" to Jonathan before he blew out the candles on our pumpkin and turtle cheesecake.


Happy 27th birthday darling! I love celebrating October 12 because it means celebrating the arrival on earth of my most absolute favorite person! You really are my own personal sun. You keep me warm. You light me up. You help me see myself in a different kind of light - a better kind of light. You give me the energy and ability to bloom each day. Your light makes me want to shine as bright as I can. With you, I know I'll never be alone in the dark.

So happy birthday, Jonathan. Thank you for letting me into your universe. It's where I belong - with you, forever.


As an added bonus, here is a little video from Saturday night of Jonathan singing and playing the guitar. He was making up random one-note songs impromptu, and it was hilarious. My favorite was about the wood giraffe we have in our kitchen from Africa. He named it Jeffrey in the song and made up a few verses about him. Sadly, I don't have that one on video. But this one is still pretty good.


6 comments:

Angela said...

what an awesome wife you are to an awesome husband! I love that he is entertaining you in the living room--not everyone has that luxury. I request a performance of that quality when you come for Thanksgiving :)

Lisa said...

Happy late Birthday! Looks like you guys had an awesome day!

The Amazing Mumfords said...

Happy Birthday!!! French toast and turtle cheese cake . .yum yum yummy! You guys are too cute. :)

SP said...

what a nut. A good nut, and a funny nut and we love him. Happy Day again! We are counting down the days for your visit.

KaRynn said...

You guys had so much fun! Soo... who gave Jon the glasses? I seriously think he looks good with them. Like, kinda retro/alternative/nerd. It's pretty awesome. ;D

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Looks like so much fun! You did a great job putting it all together!