So... the past pictures on my blog are still not fixed. No idea what happened or why. Oh well.
Anyway.
One of the reasons I haven't been blogging lately is because of all the things I have to blog about. I am so behind. I will catch up someday. But not today. Instead, I want to write about what I want to write about, not what I feel like I should write about. I don't care if you read it or not. These things will likely not mean anything to you. They have nothing to do with school or work or vacation or young womens or friends getting married. Just things (okay, books, tv shows, and movies) that I am into right now.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Jonas L.A. and Sonny With A Chance
I love these shows on the Disney Channel. I wish more people I knew watched them so I could talk to them about it. As it is, there is only a select group of people who know of and share in my love for these two shows. Luckily one of those people is my little sister. It is fun to watch with her or talk to her about the episodes.

Although I'm not thrilled with the way they revamped JONAS from season 1 into Jonas L.A. this season (season one was perfect, I loved it)... it's still entertaining and there is enough comedy and songs to keep me looking forward to it each week. And sometimes Jonathan watches it with me. And laughs. And quotes it back to me later.

And let me tell you, so far Sonny With a Chance season 2 so far is fantastic. Falling for the Falls parts 1 and 2, and then Sonny With a Secret? It is exactly what we fans have been waiting for. I just wish new episodes weren't so spaced out. I've also been slowly catching up on the first three seasons of Wizards. Basically, if you're not watching Disney Channel, you should be. And if you think watching DC is lame and juvenile, then you should "grow up."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Hunger Games Trilogy

I was a bit skeptical to read these books at first. When you read the synopsis or have someone describe it to you, it doesn't sound like a good read. But it is. These books were hard to put down. I finished both of them in a matter of days, and then read most of the first book (Hunger Games) and part of the second (Catching Fire) out loud to Jonathan on the way home from California. And then we had long debates about why I am Team Peeta and Jonathan is Team Gale. The third and final book of the series, Mockingjay, comes out August 24. Unfortunately that is the first week of school for me. Looks like I will be getting little sleep that week. If you haven't read them yet, read them and then email, text, call, facebook, etc. and we will discuss. Oh, and fyi, they are making a movie of the books, and the author is writing the screenplay. And that is how it should be.
(As a side note, I could 100% picture Sterling Knight as Peeta in the movie version. Here's to hoping.)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Inception

Best movie I have seen in a long time. I love everything about this movie. Christopher Nolan takes an idea that seems impossible and makes it believable. Leonardo DiCaprio described it as the "thinking person's summer blockbuster." It's one of those movies where you leave the theater and don't stop thinking about it for days. You can make up your own mind about the ending and then debate about it with your friends. The special effects are incredible - some of the most amazing stuff I have ever seen. The cinematography is awesome. The cast is perfect. The acting is great. If you're going to pay full price to see any movie this summer, go see Inception. We will most definitely be buying this movie when it comes out.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
America's Got Talent

This is the first season I have watched this show. The audition rounds were definitely the best part, but now they're over. We still have our favorite performers and like to see what crazy things people do. But mostly, I just love watching Howie Mandel's reactions to things. He has the best facial expressions and he doesn't hide anything. He is just as entertaining as the people performing. Oh, and Sharon Osbourne is probably the only person on earth who looks fantastic with that hair color. Anyone else watch this show?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Zac Efron

I might have a bit of a celebrity crush on him. This spans back to the first High School Musical movie, when my Heritage Halls roommates crowded around our tv in our living room when it first came out, and consequently fell in love with Troy Bolton. Since then, I have followed his career like a teenage fangirl... Hairspray... High School Musical 2... Me and Orson Welles... High School Musical 3... 17 Again... His latest film, Charlie St. Cloud, comes out tomorrow. Can you guess what Jonathan and I are doing for date night?

What are you into lately?
10 comments:
Ok, so I am so happy that another adult has my same fascination with Disney Channel shows! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Sonny with a Chance, Wizards of Waverly Place and Jonas. They are so fun to watch and my husband likes them.
And I love Zac Efron too! He is great! And his movies are so much fun to watch!
You already know how obsessed I am with SWAC, given that I re-watch the awesome episodes with you. ;D And the Hunger Games Trilogy, since I'm the one who got you to read them. hehe. SCORE!!
The only thing I'd add would be perhaps a new obsession with Nick Jonas & the Administration.
PS - Yay for updates! Can't wait for more!
yay hunger games!! i seriously cannot wait for #3. i also have a major zac efron crush.haha.
we move back in 2 weeks!! cant wait to see you!
Oh, a SWAC fan???? Nice! Falling for the Falls was THE BEST. I can't wait for more episodes! Never thought about Sterling Knight as Peeta, though it is a good choice.
i love the disney channel. as a nurse i get to watch a bit here and there because all my patients watch it during the day! and zac efron, oh zac efron. so so hot.
LOVED Inception. Did you see Shutter Island? Leo in 2 AMAZING films this year :-)
you always influence my entrainment so much. Looks like I'll be reading and watching a few new things..new to me at least. Glad your back...for this post at least.
Ooo The Hunger Games was one of the most fascinating books I have read in the last few months. It went into so much depth that I feel many adolescent, heck, adult books go away from. It was refreshing to read a book that was more than a love story but was heartbreaking and even violently real.
You've hit all my adolescent hidden loves. ;) And I am Team Peeta all the way. But I may be biased, cause my college boyfriend was a blonde wrestler. And I agree with Jonas. The LA one, not as good.
Post a Comment