I tried to get Jonathan to post something, but apparently he is too busy at 3 am when he's awake on his day off. Oh well.
I've been thinking about things that make me happy lately. Here's a random list.
1. Sonny with a Chance on the Disney Channel. I know what you're thinking. Really? Really Jessica? Yes. To be fair, I've always loved the Disney Channel. I grew up watching it. I used to look forward to the Disney Channel original movie that premiered every month... Johnny Tsunami, Smart House, Brink, Don't Look Under the Bed, Luck of the Irish, Alley Cats Strike, Motocrossed...you get the idea. My roommates and I even had a big party for the premiere of High School Musical our Freshman year at BYU. And you know what? Apparently I still like the Disney Channel. There's actually some good stuff on there.
A while ago I read a post on this blog about SWAC. She had this video posted. I watched it, thought it was cute, but didn't think much more about it.
Then I mentioned something about Sterling Knight to my friend, and she told me that she watches the show and loves it. (She will remain anonymous to protect her from my self-inflicted humiliation.) She explained the background of the show to me and then showed me this video of scenes of the two main characters from the show - Sonny Monroe (Demi Lovato) and Chad Dylan Cooper (Sterling Knight). I was impressed, and I trust her, so I started recording all of the episodes that air on the Disney Channel.
Most of the ones I saw were a'ight...entertaining. I was starting to warm up to the characters. Sterling Knight pulls off conceited yet caring so well. I love his character in the show. And then I saw this episode. And I laughed. A lot. Out loud. And I fell in love with Sonny and Chad Dylan Cooper.
Side note about this episode. At the very beginning, an actor who is the star of a vampire movie (an obvious parody of Robert Pattinson) is supposed to come guest star on Sonny's show, So Random. Guess what the actor's name on the show was??? Jackson Tyler. Did I ever mention that I really like that name and wanted to name one of my future boys Jackson? I knew it sounded like a good name for a heartthrob! Haha. Too bad Jackson is much too popular of a name nowadays.
Anyway, I am officially on the Sonny with a Chance bandwagon. And when there's so much crap on tv these days, I'm happy to stick with my corny, over-dramatic, innocently romantic Disney Channel shows. Besides, I enjoy my chats with my young women about the Disney Channel and Starstruck and Camp Rock and SWAC and how adorable CDC is. Oh, and Jonathan watches Phineas and Ferb, so...now we're even.




2. We'll Be a Dream. Speaking of Demi Lovato, lately I have been loving this song by We the Kings, featuring her. I heard it a few months ago when it came out, but recently heard it again and was hooked. It makes me happy.
3. Jonathan. He makes me oh so happy. Case in point. Mother's Day. I wasn't really expecting anything. You know how it is... until you're actually a mother, Mother's Day is a bit awkward. It's like "Happy Mother's Day!... sort of." But I woke up on Sunday morning, walked out of our room and saw this:


He arranged them and picked out the card himself. It was very sweet. And this morning after I got ready for work, I walked into the kitchen and found a lovely sight. Jonathan and I started writing little notes in a book to each other since our schedules are so opposite. The book was sitting open with a new note written in it. There was also a cup of fresh strawberries for my breakfast. And a piece of a lilac bush that he picked up on his jog this morning. He is such a sweetheart.
4. My internship. I am finally in a real legal environment putting my skills and knowledge to work. While most of what I do is research, I have had the chance so far to sit in on some meetings with clients. And the research is interesting. I'm mostly working right now with Veteran's law and Adoption law. Soon I'll be an expert. :) The firm is just a couple of miles east of our apartment, which is nice. And the building is awesome. It looks and feels more like a really nice home than a stuffy law office. I love the paint colors on the walls, and the crown molding, and the woodwork, and the big windows. Oh, and did I tell you that I have my own office? On the 2nd floor? With a big desk? And three big windows? Yeah...I could get used to that.

5. My brother Garrett. He returns home from his mission in 15 days. And I get to go to Boise over Memorial Day weekend to meet him at the airport. Sadly Jonathan has to work, but it'll give him a chance to go to his sister's high school graduation, and then he'll fly in to Boise on Saturday. On Sunday, we'll hear him speak in church. I know he's grown up a lot. I'm just excited to see him. And it will be so nice to have a brother back at BYU next fall. I'm already looking forward to having him over for dinner. :)

6. Jimmer Fredette. Thank you, thank you for deciding to stay at BYU and complete your senior season before taking off for the NBA for good. As most of you know, nothing makes me happier during those long winter months than BYU Basketball. Especially when we win. And with Jimmer, we'll win. Plus I'm glad my favorite backcourt duo (Jimmer and Jackson Emery) will be together for another season.
7. This commercial. Everytime I see it, it makes me happy.
What is making you happy lately? Please share!
6 comments:
what a sweet post! I'm not sure i've seen swac yet..at least i haven't seen it in amanda's list of disney channel recordings! i love that commercial too...but everytime i hear gene wilder singing i think willy wonka is on tv, then i'm sadly disappointed, but also slightly happy when i see little hand drawn cutouts floating across the tv screen.
hey...i love you and am glad jonathan does too!
wow, awesome recap post. i loved disney channel TOO!! all those movies you named are familiar faves from my past...especially brink. :) once in LA i saw the dad from even stevens in an ice cream shop and freaked out...b just didn't understand my excitement.
so cute about your mother's day celebration...and glad the internship is going well! we miss you guys.
rice crispy treats :)
you are cute. thanks for sharing!
That is the greatest AT&T commercial. Makes me happy too. Nothing better than singin a bit of classic Willy Wonka. "who can take a sunrise...sprinkle it with dew..." :)
p.s. Gene Wilder is the best
You make me happy and reading your thoughts and funny insights make me happy too. Also, Friday night with Lyndon watching Survivor and american Idol on the internet make me really happy.
We are all Demi Lovato fans here. That was Jacqueline's very first concert and she got us hooked on Sonny too. We also love Phineas and Ferb (Knuckles Jonathan). I agree with all the crappy shows out there, we love Disney Channel and Nick. You'll find us all watching iCarly and Sonny and Wizards together. I have a bit of a high school teeny bopper streak still going through me. ;)
Post a Comment