Monday, November 16

Milestone


Happy Birthday Dad! I daresay the last 50 years have been better for having you in them. Thanks for all of the homework help you've given me. Thanks for waking me up before you went to bed to tell me if the Jazz won their game. Thanks for always encouraging me in whatever I do. Thanks for getting BYU football tickets every year so you can come visit me. Thanks for giving me blessings when I've needed them. Thanks for taking our family on trips - especially for taking me to California for my 16th birthday. Thanks for coaching my basketball teams. Thanks for working hard to provide for us. Thanks for teaching me how to be happy. Thanks for showing me what values and traits are important to look for in a husband. Thanks for being one of my best friends!

There's a line in The Happiest Millionaire that always reminds me of you. It goes something like, "When I was a little girl, I used to think you were the most wonderful father in the whole world. Now that I'm older and much wiser...I know you are."

Happy Birthday Dad! I know I'll always be your little girl, and I'm glad. I love you!

4 comments:

Angela said...

oh honey that was so sweet! I will be sure to show him this! I love ya!

Angela said...

Actually, Dad said ...

Thank you for the sentiments ... I need reminders like that as I get older because I forget half of it! I don't know what I did to deserve a wonderful daughter like you, but I love you and I'm proud of you!

Love,
Dad

Troedjen said...

Jessica that was such a great tribute to your dad! I absolutely love the picture too.

The Amazing Mumfords said...

You have a great dad. So glad to know you know it and you said it so well. :)