Monday, September 14

Photo Essay

Over Labor Day weekend Jonathan and I drove up to Boise to spend some time with family and relax. While we were there, we drove up Highway 55 to Garden Valley and took some photos along the way. And later we checked out the latest piece of land that we've got our eye on.

Please enjoy our photo essay titled "We Love Idaho."


















Okay, this needs a little explanation. We had to try several times to get this shot. One of the times, I truck was heading for the bridge and Jonathan had to run to get the camera so it didn't get squished. We had the camera on the timer, and we got a good laugh out of this picture...

Here it is in the full frame...

And cropped a little bit...see the truck??

And even closer!!! Ahhh! Hahaha.


And this is the land we are looking to buy now. It's over 11 acres. We're hoping that in a year or two we can make an offer to the owners and hopefully buy it. As of now, it doesn't look like it's being used at all. The water you can see is Sandy Point/Lucky Peak. This land is just above that - right before you curve around SandyPoint, there is a road to the left that heads up into the hills.
We're hoping that we can buy the land and one day build our house on it. We would also like to build a castle-like wedding reception center. If you can't tell from the pictures, it's actually quite beautiful. At least we think so. :) Remember, you have to see it for the potential.




Hope you enjoyed the pictures! I'll try to update more on school and other happenings when I have a chance later this week...Hopefully.

6 comments:

Amber said...

I think that property is perfect! Those pictures were beautiful, and funny. Yay for relaxing weekends!!

Lisa said...

What fun!! I love the bridge pictures! Looks like an enjoyable weekend!

The Amazing Mumfords said...

LOL! Run Jonathan RUN!!! I love Sandy Point Beach . . that sounds like a nice piece of land . . everyone should own land .. if you don't believe me watch "Far and Away" or "Gone with the Wind" . movies don't lie.

Czirr Family said...

I love the pics, specially the one on the bridge!!!...You look so relaxing slowly walking ...and Jonathan running for his life..!!! ...well camera, funny!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I love this! We took the same drive on our vacation :)

Angela Winterton said...

I love Idaho too!!! Thanks for posting these great photos.