Sunday, September 20

Mail Box

Dear You,

I see you. I know you're reading my blog. I also know that you never comment. And that makes me sad. So do me a favor, and comment once in a while. Even if you have to leave it anonymously. You can still write your name if you want. Or not. Just comment. And while you're here, do me a favor. Jonathan is trying his hand at writing a book. He needs feedback on the first three chapters. Go HERE and read them, and then leave him a comment. Your thoughts and
suggestions are greatly appreciated. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Law School,

I spend entirely too much time with you. And yet, it feels like it's not enough time. It's a good thing I like you, or this routine would get old really fast. Thank you for forcing me to open my mind, work harder, and do more than I thought I could. And thank you for not being as ridiculously hard and time-consuming as everyone said you would be (for now, at least) and allowing me to do things I need to/would like to do. Like play volleyball. And go on dates with Jonathan. And spend time with the young women I appreciate it. But is it too much to ask that you leave some room in my brain for other things? Then maybe I won't come across as so scatterbrained and do things like forget to mix in the yeast and the sugar when I make cinnamon rolls...

(Sidenote to those who are curious, here is a typical layout of my day:
6:00 AM - Wake up and go to the gym
7:30 AM - Get ready for the day, eat breakfast, pack a lunch (and sometimes dinner)
8:15 - Get to school and start studying
10:00 - Legal Analysis Class
11:00 - Legal Research/Writing Class
12:00 - 5th Grade Mentoring or some other club/group/informational meeting
1:00 - Contracts Class
2:00 - Property Class
3:00 - Study, study, study some more
6:30 - Leave the law school
7:00 - Mutual or Intramural volleyball game or some other kind of meeting
10:00 - Bedtime!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Microsoft Word,

Obviously your internal dictionary does not include legal terms. I'm pretty sure I have added 100+ words to the dictionary since I started law school. I guess there's a reason the law has its own dictionary. Still, do me a favor and incorporate it into yours so I don't have to "Right Click" and "Add to Dictionary" all the time. Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Dear BYU Football,

I forgive you. Just don't let it happen again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Old Friends,

I have missed you! It's been great to reconnect and catch up on your lives. Seems you are all married and having kids or getting home from your missions or going to school and just doing great. That makes me happy. I'm proud of you. Thank you for your friendship over the years and your influence on me. I know I'm a better person because I know you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear BYU French Department,

Thank you for sending out a quarterly newsletter so I can keep up with the department and what's been going on. It's also a great reminder to keep up on my French. And thanks for the mention in Alumni news. It still seems strange that I am an Alumni of BYU. Also, thank you for reviving the French Studies blog. The guys running it are doing a fantastic job. I love all of the features and interesting news they find and post. And I love that Professor Olivier created a blog for his students on study abroad in Paris right now. I love seeing their pictures and reading about their experiences and reminiscing. Oh Paris, someday I will see you again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Palfreyman Family,

Jonathan and I feel your loss quite deeply. We pray for you and hope you find the peace and comfort that you need. Dave was an amazing man and we are blessed to have known him. We are sure he is working hard on the other side. Thank goodness for the gospel and the eternal perspective it gives us. We know his absence in your lives will be felt every day, but hold fast to the knowledge that you will see him again. We love you!

9 comments:

The Amazing Mumfords said...

I know that first post was not for me . . . I comment all the time . . . sheesh! And I look forward to reading the book! p.s. what is hufflepuff? LOL

SP said...

I was laughing and laughng and then I read the last part. I didn't know Dave had passed away yet. So sad.

but on another note, not to desrespect the "passed", I do think you are funny.

tammy stailey said...

You are so funny. I am glad that you have forgiven BYU, I don't think my husband has gotten that far. What does hufflepuff mean?

Anonymous said...

Haha, Hufflepuff isn't a legal term. It's just from Harry Potter and I just found the image online. I was too lazy to actually find a legal term, type it into word, and do a screen shot or whatever. :)
Thanks for the comments!

Angela said...

Dear Jessica,
I always try to comment on your blog but I know that mother comment's don't count. I am glad you like law school, because for a while there I thought you had lost your mind. I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgets the sugar (crossing my fingers on the yeast). I'm glad you have a blog so I know what you are doing when you aren't texting, skyping, or calling me :o)

Love,

Mom

PS I think it's cool you were mentioned in the French Dept. Newsletter, be sure to let them know when you graduate so you can get lots of clients from the French Dept.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you want a comment from me???? Hmm........
-Jacqueline

Nicole said...

comment, comment, comment.... happy? haha, jk sweetie. I love reading your blog!

Tueller Clan said...

im commenting!!! i win!

Lisa said...

:) I love your blog!