Monday, December 17

To my brothers and my friends



So I've been thinking a lot about what I would write on here. Basically I've decided that I'll just put down my thoughts that I don't know where else to write. Here's my thoughts today:

In a couple weeks, and a couple months, most of my guy friends (I should say "brothers" because that's how I think of them) from high school will be coming home from their missions. Thinking about them coming home has made me think a lot about my high school experience. High school. What a roller coaster. There are so many ups and downs. Just thinking about it makes me smile, cry, and then smile again. My life today is so different than it was 3 years ago. I'm incredibly happy right now - I have a wonderful husband who loves me very much. I almost have degree from a great University. I have a great family, and it's even greater now that it's doubled in size. I have nothing to complain about...nothing but that I wish I could still have my old friends as close to me as they used to be. I'm one of those people who is easily attached. I love my friends, and I want them to love me. I remember talking to some of them before we went our separate ways for two years...we all talked about how we hope in twenty years we'll still be sending Christmas cards to each other and getting our families together for vacations and barbeques. I hope that happens. My friends are like my family. I will always love them, no matter where they go or what they do. We may all have grown up a little, experienced hard things, and ultimately learned from them. True, we're different people than when we parted. But...we're the same too. As long as we're friends, we'll remain the same - there are pieces of my friends in me that will remain constant. I will always think of Chad when it snows or when I see Spiderman, and I will forever laugh at his jokes. I will always remember sitting in the back of Rhen's truck and him being the one to point out my faults and then hold me while I cried. I will always want to call Shawn just to talk...and I will always smile when I think of our arguments and how they only happen because we are so much alike. I will always thank Scott for being my first love, the one who made me realize my strengths, and for being the one who taught me how to live my life without inhibitions and love without fear. I will always believe in KC and admire his sense of humor and ability to make friends with anyone. I will never forget Kyle for reaching out to me and being my friend when I felt lost and alone. I will always love Andrew for the long talks we had and for listening and encouraging me through my rough high school transition. I will always hear Jason's laugh in my head and relive some of my best memories at BYU. And of course, I will always love Jonathan for being my best friend, for loving all of me, for teaching me how to dream, for seeing me when no one else could, and for always making me feel wanted, needed, and appreciated. Everything I love about my friends I can find in him, which is more than I could ever ask. These boys mean so much to me. I cannot imagine my life without them. They have played a major role in my life, and I believe I am who I am because of my relationships with them. I am excited for them to come home and be a part of my life again. I can't wait for them to find the girl of their dreams and experience the same happiness I have. Shawn already has, and I couldn't be happier for him. I love my brothers, and, like their sister, I can't wait to see what life has in store for them. I am proud of them. And I will never be able to thank them enough for their friendship. I love you guys!

No comments: